Main Level of Town Hall at 12 School Street
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Jim Michaud- Asst Assessor
Mike Pietraskiewicz - Assmnt Tech
Amy McMullen - Admin. Aide
Greetings and welcome to the web page for the Assessing Department. This area contains information that may be of interest to taxpayers, property owners and individuals involved in real estate activity.While the data within this site is believed to be correct, NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN OR IMPLIED AS TO ITS ACCURACY. Do not make any decisions to buy or sell real estate based solely on the data presented on this web site. Verify all pertinent data prior to making any final decisions.
- Appraise and assess all real estate
- Property Record Card data maintenance
- Provide for defense of assessed values before the Board of Tax and Land Appeals, Superior Court & Supreme Court
- Current Use Program administration
- Oversee all Tax Exemption & Tax Credit Programs
- Timber Tax and Gravel Tax program management
- Engage in public relations for the programs of the assessing office
- Employ standards of professional practice in assessing and maintaining those standards through continuing education programs and certifications by state and national associations
- Assist taxpayers and the general public with tax maps, assessing questions, zoning abutter lists and gives direction for general government requests
Hudson Assessing DataOn-line: http://hudsonnh.patriotproperties.com (works best with Firefox or MS Internet Explorer)Hudson Tax Maps on Line: Property Tax Maps,Current Zoning Map
What's It All About?Taxpayers are concerned about paying only their fair share of taxes for the services rendered. The Hudson Assessing Department is in charge of estimating the market value for all real estate in the Town of Hudson. The goal is to estimate the market value in an equitable manner and every effort is made to do so.
Taxpayer Concerns & Our ResponsibilityYour tax bill is made up of several different elements and this office is responsible for one of those elements: the assessing function. This function forms the basis of the distribution of the Town’s annual property tax levy.This town department oversees the discovery; listing and assigning of assessed values to every property in town. The town currently has over 9,500 properties in addition to numerous exempt properties. The department monitors all sales and analyzes the local real estate market, supply and demand, economic situations, and other influences that affect property values.The department maintains current ownership records, sales information as well as a variety of property characteristics. Those characteristics, in combination with analyses of market conditions, are used to estimate market values and in turn form the basis for the assessed value of property.
No news at this time.