Frequently Asked Questions: Court Appearances (Defendants)

Please keep in mind the questions and answers on this website are generic only. The Hudson Police Department will be prosecuting your case and therefore cannot provide legal advice on the matter.

These questions are intended for people who have not hired legal representation. If you have legal representation, please consult with your attorney.

Q: Where is the Nashua District Courthouse located?
A:  The courthouse is located at 30 Spring Street in Nashua, New Hampshire. For directions please visit the Hillsborough County District Court Directions at the New Hampshire Judicial Branch home page or here for MapQuest map.

Q: Do I need to appear in Court?
A:  You must appear if you are ordered to by an Officer or by the court. If you fail to appear a bench warrant may be issued for your arrest.

Q: What if I am unable to make it to court on the given date and time?
A:  If you are unable to appear on the date and time you are ordered to do so, and you do not have a lawyer, you must file a "motion to continue" with the Nashua District Court. You will be responsible for forwarding a copy of this motion to the Hudson Police Department, Legal Division.

Q: How may I obtain a copy of MY arrest report?
A.  You must submit a written request to the Hudson Police Department Legal Division in person, by mail or by fax. This request should include: your name, date of birth, address, and a telephone number you can be reached. Keep in mind the Hudson Police Department receives several requests per day and must fill these requests in the order they are received. Reports are generally ready within 7-10 days. You will be contacted via telephone when the report is ready. There is a $10.00 fee for each report.

If you would like to complete a request form, click or select here.

Once you have completed this form, please mail, fax, or hand deliver the form to the;

Hudson Police Department
1 Constitution Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Attn: Legal Division

Fax: (603) 886-0605


Q: Can I obtain an arrest report of someone else (husband, sister, brother, neighbor, etc.)?
A.  While a case is pending in the court system, only the defendant, the defendant’s defense attorney, or victims of domestic violence cases are entitled to a copy of the arrest report.

Q: What if I wish to plead guilty to the charges?
A.  If you wish to plead guilty and have not hired an attorney, please contact either Attorney Joseph Tessier (603) 816-2271 or Officer Bryan Genovese (603) 816-2270 to discuss a possible negotiated plea. Prosecutors are also available at your arraignment to discuss your case.

Q: Will the court case be cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather?
A.  For information regarding court closings please contact the Nashua District Courthouse at (855) 212-1234 or visit the online court closing inclement weather website.

Q: Can you recommend a specific defense attorney?
A.  The Hudson Police Department can not recommend the services of any defense attorney.